Monday, January 17, 2011

The Beginning of Hearing my Beloved Fall 2010

I don’t remember exactly when it was birthed that I wanted to go to IHOP. In the beginning it’s all kind of fuzzy when I think about it now. I used to watch the web streams and say, “I want to go there someday. God is going to deliver me there. I just knew He had  something for me there”. I had this yearning to go for awhile. So I started to pray about going to do an internship. I asked my friend about it since she did an internship a few years ago.  She definitely recommended it to me so I began to think and pray about going to do one. I told God, “If you want me to go, I need another job to incorporate with my other jobs, I need more money so I can go”. 
Within a week a lady finds my profile on Care.com.  She says she wants me to work for her on the weekends while she travels with her husband to the races- assuming maybe they were just die hard race fans- No they weren’t. I met her and her boys in a big house on Lake Norman and it turns out they owned a racing team. I knew God was blessing me and that it was just a God thing that she found me, out of everyone else on the website. Every time this lady paid me, she overpaid me and I knew it was Gods tangible blessing on me. So I began to work regularly my 3 jobs and save my money, even though at this point I had not even applied for the IHOP internship.  I realized God had given me this job, but I started to get confused about what God wanted me to do. I had just sealed the deal with this lady to work for her, but she would need me during the internship. I didn’t know if I was supposed to stay and work the job I had committed to or go to Atlanta. So I then told God that I needed confirmation that He wanted me to go to the internship. A day or two later, I was at work and I took the baby to the park. I was upset about something. I was on the phone with my friend just telling her how I didn’t know how much longer I was supposed to be working for this family. I felt like my time with them was coming to an end. And even though I had grown so close to the baby and dependent on it to give me the love I needed I knew God was calling me to Him, for me to depend on His love. I knew it was coming to an end I just didn’t know how soon, but I had this yearning inside me that I was supposed to start the year off right for once. That God wanted me whole hearted and that He wanted me to do this Pursuit internship in January.
So I am talking with mt friend telling her all this saying, “I just don’t know what God has for me and I need Him to tell me, preferably soon”. As I was leaving the park a girl goes running by me and waves then she stops running and starts walking towards me and I’m trying to convince myself that shes not coming to talk to me.I hang up the phone with my friend as she starts getting closer says, “Hey, I’m a nanny and I’m new to the area, are you a nanny?” I say, “Yes, I am”. And she says, “Well, I’m from Georgia and I just didn’t know if you knew of anything or had any ideas for me to get a nanny job and kind of get acclimated to the area”. I told her there were a few nanny websites she could apply on and then I remembered I knew some people that needed a nanny. So I said, “I know some people that needs a nanny, but actually, I don’t know you well enough to recommend you, so I guess I want to know more about you”. I think she kind of laughed and said, “My name is Stacy, I’m from Atlanta and I’ve been a nanny for the past few years” and she went on to tell me about all her experience. When she was done telling me about all the nanny stuff she says, “Oh and I’m a Christian”. In my mind, when I heard Atlanta and Christian I just knew I was supposed to ask her if she had been to IHOP Atlanta. So I say, “Hold up, Have you been to IHOP Atlanta?” She says, “Yes, I was just there the other day! I love that place! There is so much love there, you just feel the revelation of His love for you there”. I started to cry, I just couldn’t hold it back. I said, “You don’t understand, I have been praying about going to IHOP Atlanta for the past 2 or 3 months now and I just know that I’m supposed to go now”. And she was like, “Aww, I just wanna like give you a hug”. Needless to say I was very touched and we talked a little bit more about why I wanted to go to IHOP Atlanta and she really encouraged me to go. We exchanged numbers and eventually got together a few times. I recommended her to a few people for nannying, but the important part for me was I felt like I got my confirmation that I was supposed to go to IHOP Atlanta and do this internship.  

No comments:

Post a Comment